There’s a reason so many printers are discovering and employing Lean practices in their day-to-day operations. Quite simply put—they work.
Unfortunately, many attempts to establish Lean operations fail, not because of a lack of funds, tools, or time, but because the company culture simply will not support the inevitable shift in focus.
Lean Printing: Cultural Imperatives for Success features advice on what it takes to achieve complete buy-in from the top of a company to the bottom, including:
• The importance of leadership
• Team building
• Understanding empowerment vs. control
• Establishing a mission statement
• Properly managing the shift toward Lean
• Handling issues arising from your company’s existing infrastructure
The book also includes six case studies of actual companies who have faced the challenge of establishing truly Lean printing operations.