Table Of Contents
• Variable-Data Printing
• Software for Variable-Data Printing
• Digital Print Production
• PostScript and PDF
• Digital Printing and VDP Languages and Output Formats
• Output Technologies • Toners and Inks for Digital Printing
• Data Acquisition, Management, and Enrichment
• Cross-Media Personalized Marketing
• The Business of Digital Printing
• Digital Printing and the Plight of the Commercial Printer
About the Authors
Dr. Penny K. Bennett, an associate professor in the Graphic Communication Department of California Polytechnic State University, is an active researcher, consultant, author, and speaker on topics such as digital printing, variable-data printing, and prepress for digital printing.
Dr. Harvey Robert Levenson, a professor and head of the Graphic Communication Department of California Polytechnic State University, is an active researcher, consultant, author, and speaker on matters related to printing, technology, media, and communication.
Frank J. Romano is professor emeritus from the School of Print Media at Rochester Institute of Technology. With a career spanning over 40 years, he has authored over 40 books, has founded eight publications, and has spoken at countless industry events.